NAHAD’s Hose Safety Institute© provides a powerful forum for Distributors, Manufacturers, suppliers, end-users and industry organizations to support and promote hose assembly safety, quality and reliability.
The Institute’s core deliverables include the HANDBOOK for the Design & Specification of Hose Assemblies (free for Institute members - see Sample below) and the online Fabrication and Design Guides, which together provide industry-leading performance standards for hose assembly specification, design, fabrication, handling and management.
The all-new HANDBOOK is the Institute's comprehensive Guide to hose assembly safety and provides an exceptional resource for hose assembly fabricators and end-users; 312 pages, 93 charts, 319 photos & images! Purchase your Handbook below.
The Institute is managed by NAHAD’s Standards Committee and supported by the end-users and industry experts serving on the Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council.
- Promote and maintain the NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines;
- Identify emerging issues and critical applications related to hose assemblies;
- Serve as a forum for addressing industry issues, providing appropriate input to the NAHAD Standards Committee and ensure ongoing industry dialogue and communications;
- Provide educational resources and tools to Institute Members and to end-users who support hose assembly quality, safety and reliability; and,
- Identify and engage industry organizations and related agencies involved in, or impacting, hose safety, quality and reliability.
- Hose Safety Institute Members - NAHAD Distributor, Manufacturer, and Associate members who have met a stringent set of requirements demonstrating their support for, and compliance with, NAHAD’s Hose Assembly Guidelines.
See the NAHAD Hose Safety Institute Distributor Member Application.
- Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council Members - End-Users representing various hose markets who have particular expertise, experience in, and/or a broad range of perspectives regarding hose safety. The Council serves as a forum for providing evaluation, review and feedback regarding the Hose Assembly Guidelines, as well as addressing key issues, emerging technologies and/or processes related to hose assembly safety, quality and reliability. Council members are drawn from academia, industry, standards/regulatory bodies, related associations and/or industry groups and government agencies. Review the Institute Advisory Council requirements HERE.
- Join the Institute
- Distributor Institute Members
- Manufacturer & Associate Institute Members
- NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines
- Exams & Certificates
- Institute Advisory Council
- Member Resources
"Marathon Petroleum Company's Garyville, LA refinery requires that suppliers of utility hoses comply with NAHAD's Assembly Guidelines. NAHAD's commitment to hose assembly safety directly supports Marathon's quality standards."