NAHAD’s Hose Safety Institute© provides a powerful forum for Distributors, Manufacturers, suppliers, end-users and industry organizations to support and promote hose assembly safety, quality and reliability.
The Institute’s Hose Assembly Guidelines include the HANDBOOK for the Design & Specification of Hose Assemblies (see 70-page Sample below) and the online Fabrication and Design Guides, which together provide industry-leading performance standards for hose assembly specification, design, fabrication, handling and management.
The HANDBOOK is the industry Guide to hose assembly safety, providing an exceptional resource for employee training and recognition and a superb resource for sharing with customers; 312 pages, 93 charts, 319 photos & images! Purchase your copy of the Handbook below. NOTE: Institute Members have free access to the complete E-version of the Handbook here!
The Institute is managed by NAHAD’s Standards Committee and supported by the end-users and industry experts serving on the Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council.
- Promote and maintain the NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines;
- Identify emerging issues and critical applications related to hose assemblies;
- Serve as a forum for addressing industry issues, providing appropriate input to the NAHAD Standards Committee and ensure ongoing industry dialogue and communications;
- Provide educational resources and tools to Institute Members and to end-users who support hose assembly quality, safety and reliability; and,
- Identify and engage industry organizations and related agencies involved in, or impacting, hose safety, quality and reliability.
- Hose Safety Institute Members - NAHAD Distributor, Manufacturer, and Associate members who have met a stringent set of requirements demonstrating their support for, and compliance with, NAHAD’s Hose Assembly Guidelines.
See the NAHAD Hose Safety Institute Distributor Member Application.
- Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council Members - End-Users representing various hose markets who have particular expertise, experience in, and/or a broad range of perspectives regarding hose safety. The Council serves as a forum for providing evaluation, review and feedback regarding the Hose Assembly Guidelines, as well as addressing key issues, emerging technologies and/or processes related to hose assembly safety, quality and reliability. Council members are drawn from academia, industry, standards/regulatory bodies, related associations and/or industry groups and government agencies. Review the Institute Advisory Council requirements HERE.
- Join the Institute
- Distributor Institute Members
- Manufacturer & Associate Institute Members
- NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines
- Exams & Certificates
- Institute Advisory Council
- Member Resources
"Marathon Petroleum Company's Garyville, LA refinery requires that suppliers of utility hoses comply with NAHAD's Assembly Guidelines. NAHAD's commitment to hose assembly safety directly supports Marathon's quality standards."